Monday, October 12, 2015

Senior Spotlight of the Week!!





My name Is Sophia Andreyev and I am 21 years old. I started dancing when I was around 3 years old. I started in New York at Joffery Ballet School, after moving to Vermont I danced at Lebanon Ballet School.

I always have in my bag:
Arnica Gel, ibuprofen, leg warmers, a tennis ball, a sewing kit, band aids, bobby pins, make up sponges (toe spacers), medical tape, a water bottle, a lighter, pointe shoes, flat shoes, warm up pants, and this Russian icey hot for race horses that my grandmother gave me.

What you want to do when you graduate from college
After college I'm hoping to perform, travel, and eventually go to graduate school to get my MFA or MFIA. If no great job opportunities turn up by the time I graduate, I'm planning on going and visit family in Europe and look for work or school there. At some point I'd like to continue learning about technology in dance as well.

I am minoring in Religious Studies. I am also one of the first two people to be graduating with a BFA, which is pretty exciting.

Favorite class you took here
I'm currently take a class about the Beatles, and it's been so much fun. I've also really enjoyed my religion classes though.

Favorite piece you have preformed
I think my favorite role to have performed was as a Step Sister in my high school studio's production of Cinderella. My favorite piece here at Mercyhurst was By the Fading Light choreographed by Assistant Professor Bobick.

No comments:

Post a Comment