Friday, October 2, 2015

Inside the Major!

Meet Celina!   

 Celina is a Junior at mercyhurst, pursing a BFA dance degree. She grew up in New Paltz, NY, and has been dancing since she was 4 year old.  She began taking ballet classes at the New Paltz School of Ballet at age 6 and continued her training there through high school, when she chose to continue her dance education here at Mercyhurst.

Future goals in the dance field:
    After graduating Mercyhurst. I hope to join a ballet company and dance professionally.  In addition, I hope to have the opportunity to teach dance and work with young children.

Favorite part of Mercyhurst :
    The close-knit family atmosphere within the Dance Department, and the friendships I have created during my time here.

Why did you decide to come to Mercyhurst!?
    When I came to Mercyhurst to audition during my senior year of high school, I immediately fell in love with the beautiful campus.  Then after learning about all the opportunities the dance department has to offer, SoMar Dance Works, Mercyhurst Ballet Theatre, Liturgical Ensemble, tons of performing opportunities, and the welcoming and family like atmosphere within the department, I knew Mercyhurst was where I belonged.

Auditioning tips:
    Be yourself and let your personality show through, don't be scared and just do your best.  Dance your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment