Monday, October 5, 2015

Senior Spotlight of the week!



My name is Savanna Alfanos, and I am 20-year-olds. I am a dance major from Brighton, MI. I started dancing at the age of 3. We decided to ask Savanna some other questions as well! Look at her response.

1.     Your favorite non dance hobby
I love cooking! It’s a fantastic stress reliever.

2.     What you want to do when you graduate from college. Including possible places, you might audition

Upon graduation, I want to get a job dancing in either a ballet or contemporary ballet company. There are a few places I’m looking at, including Ballet Theatre of Maryland and Ballet Nebraska.

3.     A favorite memory during the past four years.
My favorite memory was when myself and some other Mercyhurst dancers went to the ABT Collegiate Summer Intensive in New York. It was a great experience, and we had an incredible time exploring the city for 3 weeks!

4.     Favorite class you took here
A class that I am actually taking this semester seems pretty awesome so far. It’s called Reading the Beatles, and we get to learn about the Beatles, analyze their music, and listen to their albums for homework. I have Beatles songs stuck in my head 24/7!

5.     Fun fact! 
I was born missing one of my canine teeth. I had my other canine tooth removed and braces to help make my smile look somewhat normal.

6.      Favorite piece you have performed (or will)
I loved dancing in “By the Fading Light” choreographed 

1 comment:

  1. "By the Fading Light" *choreographed by Melissa Bobick :)

    ReplyDelete