- Make sure you are dressed appropriately. If you are taking a ballet class- dress for that ballet class. If you are planning on taking an extra Modern class after your audition- make sure you bring an extra pair of black tights.
- Remember- you can never go wrong with a black leotard. Even if the company or school does not specify what they want you to wear, a black leo is always a good go-to!
- If you are not sure of what you should wear take a look online at what dancers are wearing during their classes or even call if you are completely baffled.
- Make sure you have pointe shoes that are not too dead and look clean. Make sure your ribbons stay secure throughout your dancing and that you don't have any stray strands hanging off the toes.
- Treat every audition as just a class! It's really not that big of a deal. Also, don't be afraid to approach other students that attend the college if you have questions before, after, or during class! Everyone is happy to help.
- If you want, (or have dietary restrictions) pack your food. This was helpful for me when I went to audition for schools since then I knew what I was eating and I didn't have to eat fast food right before plies.
- Make sure your head shot clearly represents yourself as you are now. Do not use a picture that looks nothing like you. Head shots are ways the school or company knows who you are after the audition. Glamour shots and airbrush galore are not always realistic.
- Be confident! Make sure you are confident in your abilities no matter what! If you can't complete 32 fouettes on audition day, don't sweat it! Be confident in your 4 or so and get on with the class with a positive attitude.